Mercie’s Place is an Adult Family Care Home (AFCH) solution. License# 6907004
Adult family care homes (AFCHs) are private residences that are licensed to provide housing, meals, and personal care services for up to five (5) older persons and disabled adults who are unable to live independently. Unlike assisted living facilities, AFCHs are owned and operated by licensed AFCH “providers” who live with the residents they serve. AFCHs are intended to be a less costly alternative to more restrictive, institutional settings for individuals who do not need 24-hour nursing supervision.
What are Mercie’s Place services and accommodations?
- Comfortable senior living environment;
- Fenced backyard;
- General supervision;
- Three (3) main meals, snacks, and refreshments;
- If needed, assistance and support related to:
- self-administration of medications;
- personal hygiene, grooming, and dressing;
- use of restroom.
- Light housekeeping and laundry services;
- Coordination of medical appointments;
- Coordination of transportation to and from appointments;
- Planned indoor and off-premises activities;
- Private and semi-private rooms;
- Access to telephone, basic cable, and Wi-Fi for resident’s use;
- Access to community computer for resident’s use;
- Over 2,400 square feet of shared living space;
- Monitored home security system;
- Feline friendly (restrictions apply);
- Waterfront home;
- Gated community.
Mercie’s Place is located in Ruskin, Florida 33570